Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Assignment

Finally - I've been given my teaching assignment in Thailand. After months of holding my breath and trying not to get overly excited, I get let it all out. Now my little impatient anxious heart can plan all it wants!

So here's the assignment:

I will be moving into the Wangchan, Rayong area near the Gulf of Thailand. It's about 2-3 hours by bus out of Bangkok.  I will be living in a single dormitory and teaching at a secondary school. The classrooms are coed and about 40 students per room.

My living arrangements will look a little like this:

I will have air conditioning! And I will be eating lots of pineapple.

Luckily, it seems as if things are relatively close and within walking distance.  This includes the bus station and a local market. However, if I wish to see a real "Shopping Center", I will have a 40 minute bus ride.

SKYPE: There is an internet cafe at the school - so if you wish to see me in the months of October-March, I suggest you add me on skype :)






1 comment: